· Let your doctor know if you are taking any other types of medication. Some medication types can affect the actions of asthma medications when combined.
· Before preparing or taking medications you should make sure your hands are clean.
· Double-check the instructions on the asthma nebulizer medication before taking it.
· Store the asthma drugs according to given instructions.
· The best asthma control can be achieved if you follow your asthma chart. Following the guidelines set by your doctor will increase the effectiveness of asthma inhalers and asthma medication
· Ask your doctor to describe medication side effects, although these are rare and of reduced danger.
· Make sure to always have sufficient supplies of medication nearby.
· Check out the links below for more relevant asthma control medication
There are two main components related to asthma that you can use specialized medications for: the airway inflammation and the constriction of the air passage muscles. Asthma medication is mostly used to prevent inflammation, thus reducing the negative effects of the condition and eliminating chances for asthma attacks. Here are the main types of asthma medications:
Asthma control medication
This sort of medication has to be taken on a daily basis for extended periods of time. Getting control of asthma is now possible, but only if the asthma treatment is carried our consciously and without interruptions. Persistent asthma can be subdued is the right medication is prescribed for the patient. Activity impairing asthma attacks are less frequent when the proper asthma medication is used, a fact that determines many patients to follow their asthma nebulizer continuously. Among long term asthma medications you will find anti inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids, beta agonists and bronchodilators.
Asthma attack medication
Most quick relief medications are also very efficient during asthma attacks. Short acting bronchodilators and beta-agonists are some of the drugs commonly used to relieve asthma symptoms. Some systemic corticoids are also found in asthma medication designed for attack stoppage.