Parking areas are continuously growing and the number of vehicles being operated is doubling in numbers. All the areas represent indoor and outdoor parking spaces. The parking lots in the public facilities have now become sophisticated, featuring automated exit/entry system and this includes a cash register with video surveillance system and automated barriers.
Parking areas that are in the city center are the top class parking spaces. In fact, this includes the areas near places of attraction and interest such as places adjacent to theaters, museums, railway stations, holy places of visit, hospitals, clinics, and all such places of importance. These are the places where parking is huge, yet is always under constraint. These parking areas are top class and there are video surveillance systems installed.
Parking areas normally located away from the city center are adjacent to important institutions, convention centers, corporate facilities, administrative units, and so on. These parking spaces also have a registering system and video surveillance installed. Here, the vehicles are parked for a restricted time and the charges are doubled when you extend the parking time.
Generally, there are parking operator on the city outskirts as well. These are mostly huge spaces and here the users can park their vehicles for a longer time, such as entire day and the charge is not much than the bus rides. Nowadays, parking is done in one huge space featuring elevators to transport vehicles to parking spaces on floors. Such areas have automated machines for payment.
Parking tickets are issued on entry to each visitor and they are expected to pay, while some collect the payment on exit. On weekends the parking is more of a problem. In fact, there are parking spaces allotted for regular visitors and such parking spaces are not assigned to others, even during holidays.
Some of the ways to improve scarcity is by:
- Improving pedestrian paths and accessibility enveloping the parking space so that it is convenient to walk to the destination. Thus reducing the parking space inconvenience.
- Making appropriate usage of space and the parking management should take good care in making maximum use of public transportation so that it benefits.
- The motorists also should be charged the same as other vehicles for space. This will restrict the number of motorists or they will make wise use of the space.
- The commercial districts parking spaces should be high-priced to ascertain the space of users.
- Progressive prices are helpful as it discourages people from long-term parking. Places that discount for long-term counting should be avoided; instead, they should escalate the parking prices, so that the space is freed quickly.
- Time variable pricing should be introduced such that the peak hours charges are high and so its demand.
- Monthly or weekly pricing should be allotted for long-term users and they will be residents or employees.