A family vacation can be the most magical time of your life. Fun, enjoyment, excitement, and adventure. However, they can also be a very expensive. A staycation is the vacation package that doesn’t cost the Earth, yet allows you to enjoy all the benefits that you would normally derive from a family vacation.
Simply put, a staycation is a holiday in your own home or neighbourhood, and it’s the big buzzword this summer. There are so many exciting staycation ideas and wonderful activities to participate in. Staying in is the new going away!
The key to a successful staycation is to plan it well, otherwise it just becomes a random succession of days that you may just spending watching videos or pottering about the house. Whilst there is nothing wrong with these ways of chilling out, they don’t make the most of your time off work.
The Key to a Successful Staycation
- Plan it well. Before your staycation commences brainstorm lots of ideas of all the things you really want to do with your family.
- Just like a conventional vacation, you are on holiday, so tell people you are not to be reached, unless of course there is an emergency.
- No work talk, you are on holiday.
Spend the Afternoon at an All-Inclusive Family Fun Center
These facilities offer a large variety of activities for all ages – bowling, miniature golf, pinball machines, and arcade games – and everything is included in the General Admission fee. Although the fee may seem high, consider all the ways (and hours!) you’ll be spending there and you’ll realize what a bargain it actually is. Remember to bring the camera with film specifically for indoor pictures – or an extra disc for those with digital cameras.
Make It a Week Of Special Events
If funds are very limited and you can’t afford to be a ‘tourist’ then make sure you alter your routines so you feel like you’re on vacation. Here’s a couple of activities that would be fun to do… and great to photograph for your scrap book!
- Make it Crazy Dinner Day – prepare and eat breakfast items for your evening meal
- One day is Family Day – everyone takes a walk together, plays in the park, visits the botanical gardens… anything that is free and the family can do together
- For one meal, it’s Inside Outside Dinner (that’s “dinner” inside-out!) Clothes must be worn inside out, or you wear outdoors clothes (coats + mittens + boots)
There are so many things you can do on a Cheap staycation Singapore. Here are a few ideas to get you started;
- A family sports day – challenge other families to a day of activities over the park.
- Visit the gems in your neighbourhood – the museums and places of historic interest that you drive past everyday, but have never had the time to investigate further.
- Photographic Zoo Safari – take lots of snaps of the wonderful animals in your local zoo.
- Learn to play a musical instrument – just picking up a few guitar chords will enable you to strum along to most pop and rock songs.
If you plan correctly, your Staycation could be even more fun than last year’s Vacation and it certainly will be more economical. And who knows… it could become a new family tradition. I hope you’re inspired to think up your own great ideas for a Staycation the whole family will enjoy!